Wednesday 6 May 2009

Yesterday was a tiring day, even though we didn’t sail. In the morning we went to the Royal Marsden hospital in Sutton to give a presentation, we talked about how we got involved we the trust, what we have done with the trust and how it has helped us. I was very nervous but we got a great response with lots of people asking us questions. After that we had a few minutes to spare so went for a stroll along Brighton Pier, it was quite windy but funny as Frank and Simon went in the cardboard cut out things, after Frank brought us a delicious doughnut and in true fashion Jack had two. After that we walked to the Musto shop to meet Ellen and have some photos taken, where a little girl who had won a competition interviewed us about life on board. Then, it was back home to the Scarlet Oyster for tea before getting a taxi to the Hilton Hotel ready for Ellen’s talk . Her talk was inspiring and insightful as I didn’t know half of the facts about all of the voyages and nature that she had seen. It was also interesting to see what she is planning to do next with her life, and made me think about how I could make mine better for not only me but how I could make a difference in everybody’s lives. Hattie


Yesterday was a busy day. We was up early – had breakfast and showered. Simon and Frank came down and we all went to Marsden hospital in Sutton to give a presentation about the trust. I think it went well, although I felt I was a bit rambly as usual. I saw my dad as we were leaving which was really great. I also saw Sarah, Cerys, Bradley and Tim which was cool catching up with them. We went back to Brighton and stopped at the pier and had donuts, mmm. Then we went to the Musto store where Ellen was there. We had photos taken and an interview with a little girl. I also got Ellen’s autograph which I will put in my scrapbook, yippee. Then later at around 6.30pm we went to the Hilton hotel to watch Ellen speech. I thought it was a really great speech. I could see that she meant every word by what she said and the looks she gave at the photos. I found Ellen so normal and truthful if that make sense. I could see that Ellen was passionate about sailing, animals and nature. This then made her speech inspiring. After we went back to the boat and had Karen’s special (this was the best so far!) Then we played Cluedo which Karen and I won – wooo hooo! Then at the end of the night Dan told me some riddles which were good ones I thought. Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment